Save the Children has said that if you are a pregnant women or a child under ten years of age, Mali is the most dangerous country in the world in which to live. Our vision is to help make southern Mali a less dangerous place to live for women and children.
Our goal is to demonstrate the love and compassion of Jesus Christ to the people of Mali through the provision of quality, specialized health care, and to proclaim Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior.
We seek to reach those goals :
- By constructing and equipping a modern and effective Hospital for Women and Children. That will provide quality outpatient and inpatient obstetric, gynecologic and pediatric care;
- By assisting in the training of specialized health care workers in the areas of obstetrics, gynecology and pediatrics;
- By seeking to make the hospital self-sufficient and sustainable while keeping costs low so that all will have access to the services provided;
- By preparing Malian personnel to assume the leadership and direction of the hospital;
- By implementing HIV/AIDS diagnosis and prevention strategies; and seeking to prevent the transmission of AIDS from mother to child;
- By providing continuing education for health workers in classroom and clinical settings;
- And by seeking to reach out into rural areas with community health, village clinics and evangelism.